Most people are informed about the fact that a chiropractor can help ease back pain. Still, there are some advantages of visiting your Florham Park, NJ chiropractor on a regular basis that are less well-known. These benefits may just make your life happier.
Benefits of chiropractic consist of:
- It promotes natural healing. While most other treatment options include the use of medications and potentially surgery or injections, chiropractic encourages your body to heal itself naturally.
- It enhances your resilience to sports injuries. By ensuring your spine and joints are in optimal health, you can reduce your risk of back, knee, and shoulder injuries that are all too common in athletics.
- Chiropractic can allow you to sleep soundly. When you’re not affected by spinal pain, your standard of sleep rises, helping you to feel more focused and full of energy.
- It can reduce your blood pressure. Anytime the spine is out of place, things like your blood pressure aren’t properly maintained, increasing your risk of these types of health issues.
- Chiropractic is a natural stress reliever. Research shows that chiropractic can lower levels of the stress hormone cortisole, and activate the part of your brain responsible for controlling stress reduction and pain processing.
- It can sharpen your balance. The more durable and healthy the spine is, the easier it is to balance, potentially preventing a personal injury due to a lack of stability like a slip and fall.
Enjoy these perks and more when you visit Dr. Rivano of in Florham Park, NJ. Call and arrange your next appointment today!
Ogura, Takeshi and Manabu Tashiro, Mehedi,Shoichi Watanuki, Katsuhiko Shibuya, Keiichiro Yamaguchi, Masatoshi Itoh, Hiroshi Fukuda, Kazuhiko Yanai. Cerebral Metabolic Changes in Men After Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation for Neck Pain. Alternative Therapies. 2011, November/December; 17 (6): 12-17.
Petering R and Webb C. Treatment options for low back pain in athletes. Sports Health 2011; 3(6): 550–555.